Tuesday, November 07, 2006

South to North

It's been a while I know, but I’m terrible at this as you may have figured out by now. Any way, New York has been great so far. It is big but I rarely feel a threat from my surroundings. I have been working at Gamestop again in my transfer store (or as I like to call it the Gametanic), which is essentially a sinking ship they have placed me on. The store just was removed from impact, for those of you who don't work at Gamestop that means we were in trouble because of inventory problems. Other than that it is just really busy during the day meaning we have NO TIME FOR ANYTHING! And I’m not talking about the crap we did at the old store I worked at, I'm talking about basic work on an everyday level. It takes a concentrated task force to get anything done in the store other than checking customers out. Insane, crazy, busy. To top that off my dad just finished having surgery to remove some prostate cancer. Fortunately he's doing a lot better now.

With everything that has been going on there have been some recent changes in life that have been stressing me out. As a result I have taken the next weekend off and have planned a trip to North Carolina to visit my dear friends Ryan and Kristen (and all of their cats who will inevitably make me stuffy). It will be a good chance just to spend some time with friends, maybe catch a Ren. Fare and Detox from city life.

That having been said I hope everyone is doing well, especially those who I don't hear from on a regular basis. Give your loved ones a big hug! no reason really, it just never hurts to hug!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh? Is city life so disgusting you need to detox from it already?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm sorry that your Dad is sick. IO hope has a good recovery from his surgery. I hope that work gets better as well. Enjoy your trip and have fun.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home